Friday, July 17, 2009

Grounded

So, I have recently grounded myself from craft supply stores.  I always spend too much money and come home with too many projects.  i go in for the supplies for one project (i.e. yarn for a baby blanket), and I come home with multiple yarns, fabrics, etc. thinking that "one day" i "could" make such and such with this one, and such and such with that.  I have a sickness, people.  Anyway, so I grounded myself from fabric stores and promised myself that I would use up what I have first.

So today I made a baby quilt for one of my friends.  I just started sifting through the bits and pieces of fabric that I already have and managed to put together some cute ones.  Now, I realize that I am not an amazing seamstress (my hems aren't perfectly straight, may fabric patterns don't line up perfectly horizontal or vertical or whatever), but I have to say I was pretty happy with how this turned out.  Not too shabby for "use what you've got".   So, I just had to share.  :)


9 comments:

Audrey said...

well done, you natural... :) How many more are you gonna whip out in a morning??

Kate said...

way cute kathy, love it!

Paige said...

That looks great!

I banned myself from craft shopping too. I still finger all the beautiful paper and fabric longingly and imagine projects, but I don't buy. The only nice part of that, besides saving the money, is that I'm not adding something else to my "to do" list.

Kimberly said...

Great job! The quilt looks nice.

Becky said...

cute!

Allison and Tim said...

I think they are so cute! Perfectly done! You are yet again, AMAZING!

Kathy said...

Thanks, guys! I'm ashamed to admit that since the time of this post, I have actually been to Joann's. And purchased something. :$ But it was NOT craft fabric for any future blanket project, but some skirt fabric and $0.99 patterns. *sigh*

jan123 said...

I have to ground myself from the garden stores - and the bookstores. I know what you mean! The blankets are almost as cute as those kids that will be using them. :)

kelly said...

i'm still amazed!!
one morning?!
and it is beautiful!