Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tangled

Saw Tangled yesterday. By myself on my "mom's day out". Loved it! I thought it was totally in league with some of the great Disney Classics like Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella, and completely on par with the 90's animated revival hits like Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. I am constantly in awe of storytellers and animators who can take a fable, spin it in a manner so complex, and yet so clearly all at the same time, and create characters that you adore. Giving facial expressions to chameleons and horses alike that make you laugh out loud. And creating a princess so stinkin' adorable, you want to put her in your pocket and take her home with you. Not to mention wanting her super cute messy 'do at the end. I stand in grateful awe of all those creative individuals.

I laughed. I cried. It was better than Cats.

2 comments:

Paige said...

I loved it too! Can't wait to own it.
Caleb's new love interest?

Kathy said...

You know it! :)