Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lovely Crocus

Sitting at my computer while the boys played in the backyard (or so I thought), the doorbell rang. Delivery! I thought. My shoes? The boys' shoes? Some other thing that I had forgotten I had purchased online? Then the doorbell continued to ring... again and again, and I realized it was NOT a delivery person. Hurrying to the front door, my suspicions were confirmed. It was Liam and Caleb, in the front of the house, where they are NOT supposed to be, but smilingly bearing purple crocus blooms they had picked from the front yard for me. Such a sweet and utterly disobedient gesture. Love those boys! Now get back in the bak yard, ya' hoodlums!

2 comments:

Torrie said...

too sweet to get mad at!

and good job teaching your boys at a young age to bring flowers to the women they love!

Bree said...

I seriously miss the boys, erg, I mean you... he he. What a sweet story, I wish my kids would pick flowers for me instead of the stray tom cat. Sigh.