Sunday, October 4, 2009

Backpacking Copper Lake - August









Okay, so I'm a little late in posting photos from my backpacking trip in late August. I went with Rob Lee and Rob Harrill (I made up fun nicknames for them during the trip - they loved that) to Copper Lake in the Alpine Lakes Wildnerness, about an hour or so Northeast of Seattle. It was about 3.5 miles to the lake and nearly killed us. For some more fun, we hiked another 4 miles that day to Big Heart Lake (after dropping off the heavy packs at Copper). Total round trip ended up being about 14 miles. It was a great trip, we walked around four lakes total, several waterfalls and had a great time - except for the ever present mosquitoes of course. Each time I do these trips I wonder how I ever talk myself into them, but a few months go by and I want to do one again.

1 comment:

Kate said...

man you live in some beautiful country