Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween 2009

Well, after lots of sewing and much bribery convincing the boys that no, they did not want to be bats, our little hobbits made their debut. They loved carrying swords, and LOVED all the free candy from trick or treating. We tried to let their hair grow out as shaggy as we could in such a short amount of time to complete the look (of course, haircuts this week all around...), and here was the result:


We went down in to the creek to do a little woodsy photo shoot...unfortunately, none of the photos turned out as great as I would have liked, but we managed to capture the mood of the costumes, I think. Andrew went as Aragorn, and I went as Arwen. We didn't get any pictures that really capture my dress (and I didn't have time to put the dark hair on for this impromptu photo shoot), but that's okay...it's really all about the boys anyway, right? :)





4 comments:

Kate said...

way to go Kathy...you are too awesome for words!!!!!

Paige said...

You did an awesome job on those costumes. And you looked so great with that dark wig.

(you mean you have other things to do instead of sewing all the time?)

Kathy said...

Thanks, guys! I realized as I was going through the photos that I don't have any of me in full makeup and dark hair. Nice little oversight on my part *sigh*. Hopefully someone else might have captured it and a photo might surface at some point. :)

Greek Goddess said...

Well done. Awesome costumes. Woman after my own heart!