Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Creativity...toddler boy style

I will admit that I am a bit of a control freak. Especially when it comes to kids' activities involving paint, markers, glue or any other form of crafty destruction. Sometimes, however, I try really hard to reign in my control freakishness and let them express themselves however they would like...which usually ends up like this:


Yes, Liam's hands ended up covered completely in black paint.

But we ended up with some lovely artwork. I even painted one myself.
It's not anything great, but it felt good to pause from housework, laundry, etc. to just hang out with my boys and stretch my creative muscles (which, clearly, are in desperate need of stretching). :) I should probably do it more often.

Thank heavens for washable paints. :)

6 comments:

Kate said...

I love his black gloves, funny!

Torrie said...

i love your pictures!
sounds like a fun - messy time!

Audrey said...

You are such a good mom. Makes me miss the days of joyschool. Good job you wonderful mamma!

Paige said...

Paint is just too tempting to touch.

kelly said...

you are a good mom.
we've never done much painting around here.
you've seen me following around kids with a rag.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like such fun!

And the black gloves kill me.