Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Scary, Friendly Ghost

After dropping Liam off at the bus stop one morning recently, Caleb and I were driving on some errands and he began the game of "Pretend you heard a spooky noise, and you didn't know what it was". So I played along, and in my best frightened voice said, "ooh, I hear a spooky noise, and I don't know what it is". Then he proceeded to make his best "spooky, ghostly sounds" and started talking like a ghost. The conversation when something a little like this (with his best spooky voice throughout the entire thing):

"I'm a spooky ghost."
"A spooky ghost? Oh no! That's so scary!"
"I'm a spooky, friendly ghost"
Me:"Oh, a spooky, friendly ghost like the ones at the Haunted Mansion at Disney World?" (there's been a lot of talk about that ride in our house lately, even though neither of them have been on it)
Pause.
C: "Yes, I am supposed to be at the Haunted Mansion."
Me: "Oh no. What should we do?"
Caleb (still in spooky voice): " You're going to have to take me to Disney World!"

He's definately creative in his arguments for the things he wants. :)

No comments: