Sunday, August 24, 2008

Frenchiladas!

So, I tried a new recipe this past week that I really liked, so I thought I'd share. It's Chicken Crepes, but it reminded me so much of a French version of an enchilada that I decided to rename the dish "Frenchiladas". Enjoy!

Cook 1 Chicken and cut into bite-size pieces (I actually just cook a bunch of chicken tenders and shred them up). Set aside.

Crepe Batter:
1 1/2 C. Cold Milk
3 Eggs
1/2 tsp Salt
7/8 C. Sifted Flour
2 TBLS Melted Butter

Use 10-inch skillet greased with butter at moderate to high heat. Spoon 1/4 cup of batter in and swirl pan around until bottom of pan is coated. Cook a minute or two (depending on your heat), then flip carefully and cook another minute on the other side.

Filling:
6 TBLS Butter
6 TBLS Flour
2 C Milk
1/2 tsp Salt
1/8 lb Gruyere cheese, grated
1/4 lb Cheddar Cheese, grated
1/2 can Cream of Chicken Soup

Melt butter, add flour until blended, then add milk and stir until smooth. Add salt and cream of chicken. Cook sauce until thick, then add cheeses. Mix half the sauce with chicken and scoop into the middle of each crepe. Roll up and place in a baking dish (like Enchiladas). Then mix other 1/2 of the sauce with 1/4 to a 1/3 cup of Mayonaisse and pour over rolled crepes. Bake 20 minutes in a 350* oven.

Yummy!

2 comments:

Barbara J. Wahlquist said...

from Mom - Those sound really good. I can hardly wait to try them.

Barty Family said...

That sounds yummy! I love your name for them! It makes me wonder what other words you can insert the word "French" into.