Sunday, September 21, 2008

Blog-Stalking

Okay, I confess. I'm coming out of the cyber-closet...I am a blog-stalker. I enjoy looking up people's blogs and reading about what's going on in their lives. Not random strangers or anything, but the people that I know, or am getting to know, but don't know very well yet...I find it gives me insights into some people that I might not have otherwise. Weird, I know. But I enjoy it. Sometimes, people are far more open on their blog than in person (which I find utterly fascinating, but true). Of course, that is when I have a few moments on the computer to actually read without one child standing on the chair behind me shoving me forward in an effort to propel my face IN to the computer saying " I help you look on pooter, mom." And the other child standing at my side whining (because he can't get up the chair) and trying to poke out his eyes on the corner of the keyboard tray. But I digress...

Is blog-stalking wrong, you ask? I don't know exactly. In some ways, it feels like it's a bit of an invasion of privacy, but at the same time, I suppose if people didn't want just anyone to read it, they'd make it a private blog by invitation only, right?

So, there it is...it's out in the open. I blog-stalk. Anyone else enjoy that? Or am I all alone in my cyber-creepiness? Probably, but hey, I guess I can live with that. And if all the sudden, everyone I know makes their blogs private and I don't receive an invitation, then I'll know they all read this post. :)

And by the way, this is Kathy...I accidentally posted in under Andrew's log-in. Sorry, hon! Didn't mean to make you sound more creepy than usual. :)

6 comments:

Kate said...

It sure was fun to see Andrew the other day...it was like he never left. Just so comfortable to have him there. Um, I totally blog stalk and yes if they didn't want you to read it they wouldn't post it. I have yet to leave a comment on a stalked blog...but it's early still.

Unknown said...

Just to let you know, Kathy, I've reported you to my local sheriff. If you ever step foot in Ada County, you are going to be put away for the rest of your life. I'm still trying to find out how to report you to the Internet Crimes Against Children and Puppies division.

Believe me, I will not rest until your photograph has been posted on all the newspapers and blogs between Seattle and Fargo! People these days...

Amy said...

Oh gosh you're funny. I'm a blog-stalker too. At first I didn't leave comments. Then I realized how much I loved getting comments on my own blog. So now I try to leave comments when I have something to say. Plus, it's nice to let them know who you are. That way they can have the chance to get to know you too. That is how blogging friendship start:) I've gotten to know a lot of great people that way.

It still surprises me that I'm a blogger. It is just so much fun! Oh and I totally agree that if they don't want you reading their blog they will go private. I guess will see what happens. he he

Barty Family said...

I really think that people who have blogs are asking for it don't you think---so it's not really stalking. They can share as much or as little as they want. Besides you are free to stalk me anytime.

Amber said...

That's a great post Kathy. I think many a bloggers are stalkers. There's this girl out in NC whose blog I've been reading for over a year...I feel like I know her - yet she has no idea who I am. Too funny.

Audrey said...

I am so there! It's funny to read them and then walk around on Sunday seeing people and thinking "Oh yeah, you wrote that funny thing, and you had that horrible experience, and you were lucky, etc." Actually I don't usually remember much of it, but it's true, I think people open up in blogs. If only I wrote more, then you could learn all those things you don't know about me...
Maybe I'll stay were I'm at. :)