Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Things I Never Thought I'd Do

Disclaimer/Warning: The following is not for the feint of heart/stomach, or those who think children's bodily functions are inappropriate to blog about...which is me...usually. Momentary lapse in propriety, I guess, but..sorry. Just look at the cute pictures and skip over all the silly words. :)

Things I Never Thought I'd Do:

1. Speak the phrase "Throw up on Mommy!" Yes, words I never thought would come out of my mouth, but when you have a sick 3 year old and it's a choice between me (with blanket), both of which clean fairly easily, and the couch, which does not...well...

2. Dance around the room with my two children singing a song about...well...potty (Thank you, Karen - and Elmo's Daddy of course-, for the song). But when are trying to potty train a 3 year old and have had no success you will do almost ANYTHING when you do have some success. Yes, success! And that is worth a song and dance as far as I'm concerned. And a few phone calls to important people (Dad, for one). In fact, I was so excited that when we went to Liam's doctor's appointment today for his "Owee sick", as he calls it, I had to fight back the urge to share our triumph with the doctor! (Seriously, what's happening to me???) But I think my mother would be proud of the self-restraint I exercised. :) As for the dancing...the kids love to dance around anyway and watch their mom be totally silly.

So there you have my week. A sick 3-year old who apparently felt like being sick was the perfect time to take an interest in potty training. A haircut, managed through tears, screaming and Peanut Butter M & M's. And Caleb, who has started shouting "No" about everything and is practicing his faces: Mad Face, Surprised Face, Scared Face, etc. Here he is doing his Surprised Face:

6 comments:

Karen said...

Those two are so stinkin' cute!!!

Allison and Tim said...

Hope Liam is feeling better. Took Jake to the DR. today and he has Bronchitis! So on the drugs and hoping to get better. I love those nephews of mine, so cute!

Kate said...

Oh, Kathy those pictures are sooooooooo adorable. I love them. You go girl with you bodily function stories, I think they are funny.

Mindika said...

That's so funny. I'm totally with you. Reese just started solids and has been a little constipated. I get so excited when she poops, I call Arnold at work to tell him. Who knew bodily functions could be so exciting!

The boys are growing up so fast. They are so cute!

Amy said...

Oh boy! I totally know what you mean about things you thought you would never do or say. Being a Mommy is a great adventure. Hope your son is feeling better.

The Middle Child said...

Hi Sis! Wow, cute pics! They grow up too fast, though! As much as we all claimed we would never talk openly about bodily functions, they definitely are childhood milestones, and we the parents are SOOOOOO glad when our little ones reach them!