Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Prayer of a Two Year Old...Boy.

Warning...totally inappropriate, and potentially sacreligious, content ahead.

My two-year old is obsessed with bums. Bummy heads, bummy bums, bum anything. Sometimes he just calls people bums for fun. They were at a friends house playing one night, and when I came to pick them up and I told him to say bye to his friends, he shouted, "Bye, bums!" (to a chorus of snickers and laughter, of course... everything seems cute when you're two, right?)

I don't think I realized the extent of the obsession until tonight's prayer before bed. Caleb has taken to saying his own prayers "by himself" before bedtime. Liam's often include being thankful for the house, the street, the parks, the parking lot, and all the people, and anything else he can think of in that moment. Caleb, apparently taking somewhat of a cue from Liam, said a prayer that went something like this:

Dear Heavenly Father,
I love to eat my food. (pause)
I love to eat...(pause, at which point he clearly lost his train of thought...I hope)
All the people's bums and parts and everything.

Yep. My little angel.

3 comments:

Paige said...

That's awesome.
long live potty mouths.

Kate said...

what a funny kid...i might work that into my prayers tonight

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I just giggled out loud.

He's the cutest.