Thursday, June 3, 2010

Trying to catch up

Most of my recent posts are outdated already, but I am frantically trying to catch up on what has been happening of note lately. So today, it's Caleb's chin and stitches.

In April, Caleb fell while climbing on the retaining wall and split open his chin...on a Sunday evening about an hour after his doctor's office closed. It was a pretty bad gash and wouldn't stop bleeding, so after a brief moment to calm him down and look up online where the nearest emergency room was, we headed out. Horrific experience with my 2 year old crying and shouting "Don't hold me down, dad! I have to get up! Don't hold me, Dad!" By the time they were done with his four stitches, he was like a cornered animal...didn't want anyone to touch him or hold him or get near him. Cried his way out to the car, clutching his juice cup (which he would not drink...probably didn't trust me anymore, so didn't know what I put in it, poor guy).




The following night, he tripped on the stairs and hit his chin again. It pulled the wound a little more open, but not enough that we were going to put him through that again. We figured a little more noticeable scar would not harm him in life. The first of many, I'm sure...

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Poor guy! I know exactly how he felt because I went through the same thing. My mom took me to Careplus. When they put stitches in, I held her hand. I hope it didn't hurt for Caleb to get his stitches out. Glad he's doing fine now. I bet you, if he has a scar, he will love showing it off to people when he's older. My brother Jacob loves showing off his.