Friday, April 9, 2010

The Adventure Continues

Everything has a learning curve...some are more "curvy" than others. I am learning a lot about the process of remodeling. Our unplanned bathroom renovation (more on that later) is moving forward, and it seems at every step, there is something else that I have done wrong, or chosen the wrong item: A tub that is non-standard and requires specialty plumbing parts and non-standard measurement faucets, etc. Things got sticky for awhile...not sure if I could find an affordable tub spout in the same finish as everything else that would work with the tub...but it appears as though everything is going to work out.

As I take a moment (a much calmer and confident moment than yesterday when everything seemed disastrous and out of control) to ponder this whole renovation thing I have a come to a few conclusions:

-There are showrooms that I would DEFINATELY work with again to help me find exactly what I need (thank you, Best Plumbing), and ones I would NOT (no names named to protect the arrogant).
-I need more professional help than most. Building and designing professional help, that is...my need of the other kind of professional help is not really that big of a revelation.
-I will purchase and supply most of the fixtures, etc. myself. One, because any "contractor rate" that can be purchased on most items, does not end up benefitting me all that much, and two, because sometimes the control freak in me comes out. I like to have everything in my own house ready to go.

Am I picking out the right things. Apparently not. Do I have all the information I need before picking things? Apparently not. Am I asking all the right questions to have said information? Apparently not. Needless to say it has been a little stressful, emotional and a bit of a roller coaster for me, but I'm learning. I know what I would do differently in the future, and there's a first time learning curve for everything, right?

Now I just keep my fingers crossed that there are no more "surprises" or unexpected expenditures. Ha ha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can i help?!

p.s. love you, I bet it looks amazing

kelly said...

and now you'll be ready for the kitchen! ;)
(love best plumbing!)