Monday, April 26, 2010

The Grand Salon...

Okay, so really this post is about the bathroom, but once it's done it will be so much nicer than any other room in the rest of the house that I have decided to start calling in the Grand Salon...or something.

I feel like it's never going to be done. The vanity cabinet was supposed to arrive today, so the crew should be back either tomorrow or Wednesday to finish putting things in... and fix my upside down vanity light fixture. :) Countertop people were scheduled to come on Friday, but that didn't work for us (we still have to live our lives, no?), so that might not be until next week. I'm sure it's making Andrew crazy, but I am trying to have a very relaxed attitude about this whole timeline thing because, let's face it, no amount of stressing, complaining, and endless amount of phone calls is going to make this go any faster, so I am going to save myself the worry and go with the flow.

In the meantime, the tile and tub are done, and here is a little preview of how it is all coming out...pre-grout, of course...

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Those tiles are looking great! I hope you can get your bathroom finished soon. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Anonymous said...

Love it.

Paige said...

Looks like it is heading to be a grand salon. And reminds me that I never heard the story about how it all started to happen...

Kathy said...

Thanks for the reminder, Paige... I don't think I ever posted that part. :)

Mindika said...

I feel for you Kathy. Construction is crazy! We finished our basement while I was pregnant with Reese. I wanted to scream on a daily basis. I'm sure the hormones didn't help...

Hang in there!